Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Full-day tour of Chambord and Chenonceau from Amboise
- Admire the UNESCO-listed landscapes of the Loire Valley
- Explore the 16th-century castle and gardens of Chambord
- Tour the fairy-tale castle of Chenonceau
- Great-value tour includes round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Your guide will come to pick-you up in front of the Tourism Office of the city of Tours at 9.30AM.
Your guide will come to pick-you up in front of the Tourism Office in the town of Amboise at 10.00AM.
What To Expect
Along the way, catch a glimpse of some of the region’s other castles, including Amboise, Chaumont, and Clos Lucé. Arrive at the Château de Chambord and take time to admire its grand façade, a masterpiece of French Renaissance architecture and one of the most photographed castles in France. Accompanied by your guide, head inside to explore the 16th-century castle; see architectural highlights such as Leonardo da Vinci’s staircase and the royal suites of François I; and enjoy spectacular views over Chambord Park.
Then, visit a family-owned chateau for an aperitif of local wine and a French delicacy. After, enjoy free time to purchase lunch, which can be brought with you or purchased at a French boulangerie.
In the afternoon, head to one of the most iconic of all the Loire castles, the Château de Chenonceau is a fairy tale brought to life and you have plenty of time to take photos before heading inside. Enjoy a guided tour of the historic castle, marvel at priceless artwork and tapestries, then gaze out over the glittering Cher River and stroll around the magnificent gardens.
After a full day exploring the Loire Valley, return to your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY BORDOVINO
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff