Are you interested in?
92 Tours & Activities
Stockholm Old Town (Gamla Stan) Tours
98 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
272 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Uncover the secrets of Stockholm's Old Town (or, "Gamla Stan") on this walking tour. Follow your guide through the cobblestone streets and past colorfully painted buildings as they reveal to you the hidden stories of this historic area. Be transported back to the middle ages with tales of noblemen, princesses, and dukes while getting an excellent overview and orientation of the city to prepare you for further independent exploration.
- Hear lesser-known stories about the history of Stockholm's Old Town
- Get an excellent overview and orientation of the city
- See some of Stockholm's most famous sites as your guide explains their significance
- Understand the hidden details of the area's colorful architecture
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Get a standard Gamla Stan walking tour with an unconventional focus on local history.
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointKindstugatan 1, 111 31 Stockholm, Sweden
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours of Stockholm
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Old Town Tour of Stockholm?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during The Old Town Tour of Stockholm?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Old Town Tour of Stockholm?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Old Town Tour of Stockholm?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The actual tour only lasted about an hour and twenty minutes, too short for the cost." See review
Product code: 34477P5
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingStockholmWalking Tours - TallinnHistorical Tours - TallinnWalking Tours - HelsinkiHistorical Tours - HelsinkiWalking Tours - OsloHistorical Tours - OsloCategory
Royal Swedish Opera (Kungliga Operan)Museum of Medieval Stockholm (Medeltidsmuseet)Kungsträdgarden (Kungsan)MillesgardenDrottningholm Palace (Drottningholms Slott)SkeppsholmenRiddarholm Church (Riddarholmskyrkan)Junibacken Children’s MuseumABBA The MuseumStockholm Parliament House (Riksdagshuset)Vasa Museum (Vasamuseet)Stockholm City Hall (Stadshuset)KungsholmenSodermalmWaldemarsudde MuseumStockholm Cruise PortsStockholm Concert Hall (Konserthuset)Nordic Museum (Nordiska Museet)Nobel Prize MuseumStockholm National Museum