- Guided Gamla Stan (Old Town) walking tour in Stockholm
- Discover Stockholm’s history while strolling around elegant squares such as Stortorget
- Hear stories about Gamla Stan in medieval days when the city of Stockholm was founded
- See top Stockholm attractions such as the Royal Palace of Stockholm
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Dating back to the 13th century, Gamla Stan was the original site of what is now the modern, cosmopolitan city of Stockholm. Learn about the city's founder, Birger Jarl, as you wander among the North German-style buildings and narrow cobbled streets. Make your way up the city's narrowest street and stop to make a wish on Stockholm's smallest statue, called Järnpojken.
Walk by Storkyrkan (Coronation Church or Great Church), which contains a statue of St George and the Dragon. Listen to your guide tell the legend of how St George bested the dragon right on this very spot in Stockholm. Stop by Kungliga Slottet (the Royal Palace), to admire the Italian-Baroque architecture of the building where the Swedish monarchs lay their heads and night.
End your tour at its departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriatel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY OURWAY Tours - Stockholm
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms