Departure & Return
Departure PointSt. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Northwestern District
Make your way from your St.Petersburg hotel to St.Petersburg railway station on your own (own expense) and take a train to Sortavala station (railway tickets will be emailed to you post booking) Meet the local guide at Sortavala Railway station at apprx. 10:20 am.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code. During visits of active churches of the monastery situated within inside square line of monastic buildings men must remove headwear and women must wear skirts and headwear or kerchiefs. Sport suits, shorts, tube tops and low-cut dresses are not allowed. Footwear convenient for long walks is strictly recommended. Some slight changes could be made to program if considered necessary.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- To get to Valaam you will first have to take a train from Saint Petersburg to Sortavala station.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY U Visit Russia
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms