- Enjoy a guided walk through Quebec City on a private shore excursion
- Hear interesting stories and facts about the city's rich history, culture and architecture
- Visit Old Port, Chateau Frontenac, Place Royale, City Hall and more
- Customize your tour or let your professional guide lead the way
Departure & Return
Tour departs from the Upper Town district of Quebec City. Meet at the Tours Voir Quebec sales desk at the Tourist Information Center.
Travelers coming from a cruise ship can easily find the main entrance of the Museum of the civilization, since it is the drop-off point of the shuttles. Our guide should have a sign, with one of the traveler's last name on it.
Just exit the main cruise terminal. Our guide should be standing close to the entrance, holding a sign bearing the name of one the main traveler in your party, as stated on your reservation form.
What To Expect
This private tour is a customized experience, so be sure to include any specific requests and desired attractions to the guide at any time.
Explore Old Québec, the historic heart of French Canada and the capital of the province of Québec, with its narrow streets, stone buildings and European feel. Learn about the city's history and culture while strolling past attractions like the Fortifications of Québec. See and learn about the important function of the city walls from centuries ago and gain a better understanding of the defense system of North America's only remaining fortified city. Québec City is the only walled city north of Mexico.
There’s also the Citadelle of Québec, an active military installation and official residence of both the Canadian monarch and the Governor General of Canada; and Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church, one of the oldest stone churches in Canada that stands on the very spot where Québec began.
Visit Place Royale, often referred to as the birthplace of French America, and the beautiful Plains of Abraham, where the famous Battle of Québec between the French and English armies took place in the Seven Years’ War in 1759. Also, enjoy views of picturesque Place d'Armes and take photos of the towering Fairmont Le Château Frontenac, Canada’s most-beloved hotel.
The tour concludes back in the Upper Town district. It truly is a fun and fast way to get to know Québec City and the many amazing attractions it offers.
This excursion is located within a 10-minute walk to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Quebec City. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tours Voir Quebec
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands