2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Enjoy a traditional lei greeting and experience a luau on Oahu. Hosted by Chief Sielu, Original World Fire Knife Dance Champion, this event provides the ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in island culture. Watch a Polynesian show, learn headband weaving, or take a hula lesson, before indulging in a Hawaiian feast, including pineapple glazed chicken and kalua pork. Upgrade to include priority access and convenient pickup, for a hassle-free experience.
- Take part in a Polynesian welcoming ceremony with the Chief
- Travel through the Polynesian Islands with an interactive and high energy show
- Learn to hula dance, weave a headband from coconut leaves, rub sticks together to make fire, or get a temporary tattoo
- Feast on a traditional Hawaiian luau buffet
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
The skills of Chief Sielu, a comedian and world-champion fire-knife dancer, make this luau one of the best shows in the South Pacific.
Saved to wishlist!
If Option Selected: Paradise-Kukui nut lei greeting, all-you-can-eat Hawaiian feast, 2 beverages
If option Selected: Royal- flower lei greeting, Mai Tai greeting, Hawaiian feast, 3 beverages, gift
Departure & Return
Departure PointChief's Luau, 400 Farrington Hwy Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii, Kapolei, Oahu, HI 96707-2020
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- A picture ID must be present for guests over the age of 21 years of age in order to consume alcohol
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- We are located in Oahu, please ensure you are within travel distance to us before booking
- Must have Vaccination card with all fields filled in OR Negative COVID test within 48hrs of luau start for entry
- If vaccinated in the US or US Territories, the vaccination is not valid until 15 DAYS AFTER receiving the 2nd dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 15 DAYS AFTER receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chief's Luau
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
Filter by:Accessibility Cancellation/Amendments Health & Safety Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options Start times/Opening hours
Where is the Chief's Luau?
A:Chief's Luau is located inside of Wet N Wild Hawaii. The address for the Luau is 400 Farrington Hwy Wet 'n' Wild Hawaii, Kapolei, Oahu, HI 96707
How far is the Chief's Luau from Waikiki/Honolulu?
A:Kapolei is located approximately 25 miles from central Waikiki. Travel time is typically 32-45 minutes, depending on traffic.
Do you offer hotel pickup for the Chief's Luau?
A:Yes - Pick-up is offered from select hotels in Waikiki. Please be sure to select the "with transfer" option if you would like hotel pickup. Typical pickup times are listed in the "Departure & Return" section above.
Is there parking available onsite for the Chief's Luau?
A:Yes - there is complimentary parking on site. If coming from Waikiki; take H-1 Freeway West. Follow signs to Waianae. Take Exit 1E Farrington Hwy, right at the light, right into Wet'n'Wild parking lot.
How early should I arrive for the Chief's Luau?
A:Check-in starts at 5 pm. The Luau begins at 5:30 pm with interactive Hawaiian activities, including hula lessons, headband weaving, and more.
Can I attend the Chief's Luau without the dinner?
A:Dinner is an integral part of the Luau experience. Therefore, all options include dinner.
What happens if it rains or there is bad weather on the date of my Chief's Luau?
A:We will reach out to you if we need to close due to unfavorable weather conditions. If this happens, you may either reschedule or receive a full refund.
Is the Chief's Luau handicap accessible?
A:Yes. The Luau is wheelchair accessible.
Is the Chief's Luau appropriate for children?
A:Yes, definitely! The Chief's Luau is great fun for the whole family!
Can I bring a stroller to the Chief's Luau?
What should I wear to the Chief's Luau?
A:We recommend casual dress with comfortable shoes and a light jacket.
How long does the Chief's Luau last?
A:The Luau lasts approximately 2 hours, not including transportation.
Do I get to choose my seats for the Chief's Luau?
A:You may select between the Paradise and Royal seating areas when making your reservation. All seats offer a good view, but Royal seating is closer to the stage.
What is included in the Paradise Luau package?
A:The Paradise Package includes Imu Ceremony, all activities, seating in the Paradise section, Kukui nut lei greeting, all-you-can-eat Hawaiian feast, and two adult beverages.
What is included in the Royal Luau package?
A:The Royal Package includes Imu Ceremony, all activities, seating in the Royal section, fresh flower lei greeting, Mai Tai greeting, all-you-can-eat Hawaiian feast, three adult beverages, and a souvenir gift.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Chief's Luau Admission?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Chief's Luau Admission?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Chief's Luau Admission?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "We chose to include transportation which was a great idea especially since taxis and ubers are pretty expensive around the island." See review
- "I would pay a little extra for the Paradise package which includes 2 drinks and optimal seating; we sat right in the middle and had a great view of everything." See review
- "If you drive start earlier because the rush hour traffic getting there is horrible." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Chief's Luau Admission
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Dining ExperiencesFamily-friendly Shows Dinner and ShowFood, Wine & NightlifeSightseeing Tickets & PassesShows, Concerts & SportsOahuDining Experiences - HawaiiFamily-friendly Shows - HawaiiDinner and Show - HawaiiDining Experiences - MauiFamily-friendly Shows - MauiDinner and Show - MauiDining Experiences - KauaiFamily-friendly Shows - KauaiDinner and Show - KauaiCategory
Diamond HeadKing Kamehameha StatueKawaiaha'o ChurchAloha Tower MarketplaceLa'ie Point State Wayside ParkQueen Emma Summer PalaceKoʻolau RangeValley of the TemplesWaikiki BeachDuke Kahanamoku BeachUSS Oklahoma MemorialKo OlinaHonolulu HaleLyon ArboretumWaikele CenterBattleship Missouri MemorialHonolulu HarborHawaiian Mission Houses Historic Site and ArchivesWaikiki Natatorium War MemorialKaau Crater