1 to 2 hours (Approx.)
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Make the most of your stay in Newcastle by prebooking entry to the city’s Castle. Save time by sorting your ticket in advance, and travel independently to the two remaining buildings: the 12th-century Castle Keep and neighboring 13th-century Black Gate gatehouse. Explore the passageways and exhibits to chart the history and inhabitants of what became the ‘New Castle,' and learn about its relationship with the city that took its name.
- Entry ticket to the Castle Keep and Black Gate gatehouse of Newcastle Castle
- Book admission in advance to save time and inconvenience on vacation
- Explore the passages and halls of the two medieval buildings independently
- Learn tales of castle’s kings, prisoners, and armies from the exhibits
Saved to wishlist!
Admission to Newcastle Castle for the day and time specified upon booking
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointNewcastle Castle, The Black Gate Castle Garth Castle Garth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 1RQ England
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Castle consists of two buildings: the Castle Keep and Black Gate. While the Black Gate is fully accessible, the Castle Keep has many steep stairs and uneven surfaces.
- Dogs, with the exception of guide dogs, are not permitted entry. Buggies can be parked in the reception of the Castle Keep.
- The Castle Keep is a Scheduled Ancient Monument with several upper storeys which are not accessible to disabled visitors. However, there is an audio-video walk-through of the Castle Keep in the Gaol, the only fully accessible room in the Castle Keep. The Black Gate, however, has been fitted with ramps and an external lift. This allows access to the upper-levels of the building, including the shop. The building also has an adapted accessible toilet on its first floor.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Steep uneven stairs that you should be aware of.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Newcastle Castle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line: Newcastle Castle Admission Ticket?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 76391P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsSightseeing Tickets & PassesNewcastle-upon-TyneAttractions & Museums - North East EnglandAttractions & Museums - MiddlesbroughAttractions & Museums - YorkCategory