- 3-hour tour of Roman forts at Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- See the commanding officer's house and the Roman gatehouse at Arbeia
- Learn about Mesopotamian settlements at museums and historical reconstructions
- History buffs can travel back in time from Newcastle to the Roman Empire
Departure & Return
We are able to meet customers at Segedunum Roman fort for the tour but usually collect from central Newcastle and deliver customers to the fort. Please contact us if you would like to be met at Segedunum Roman fort.
We end the tour at the Great North Museum. This is after having toured through their extensive Roman finds at the museum. We are able to take customers down into central Newcastle or guide them to a location in the city centre.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- We require a contact Mobile/cell phone for all customers to contact you on the day of your tour. This will ensure we can inform you of changes to meeting point or other information prior to your tour.
- Please contact us about any disabilities your group may have. We are able to customise tours for wheelchair and vision impairment
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Due to COVID-19 we ask all customers to maintain social distancing as per the United Kingdom Government guidelines
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Iles Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.