3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
While prohibition made alcohol illegal in 1920s New York, the city still retained an illicit bar scene. This prohibition-themed Manhattan tour visits some of the city’s self-styled “speakeasies”—cocktail dens and taverns that mimic the era’s outlawed bars—to enjoy drinks (own cost) with a dose of history—an experience hard to replicate independently. See prohibition-period sights, and savor each bar's atmosphere alongside prohibition and bootlegger stories from your guide.
- Get a taste of 1920s prohibition-era New York on a history and pub experience
- Visit classic bars and other sites; and hear 1920s tales you’d miss alone
- Don’t get lost in the crowd on a relaxed and intimate tour capped at 12
- Choice of departure times, with reserved seating and one drink included
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed local guide expert in NYC history and culture
Reserved seating areas at each venue
Skip the Lines
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY NiteTables Experiences
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Speakeasy Drinks and Prohibition History Tour NYC
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
NightlifePub ToursAudio GuidesWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeSightseeing Tickets & PassesLuxury & Special OccasionsShows, Concerts & SportsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportNew York CityNightlife - New YorkPub Tours - New YorkAudio Guides - New YorkWalking Tours - New YorkHistorical Tours - New YorkHalf-day Tours - New YorkNightlife - BrooklynPub Tours - BrooklynAudio Guides - BrooklynWalking Tours - BrooklynHistorical Tours - BrooklynHalf-day Tours - BrooklynNightlife - Long IslandPub Tours - Long IslandAudio Guides - Long IslandWalking Tours - Long IslandHistorical Tours - Long IslandHalf-day Tours - Long IslandCategory
David N. Dinkins Manhattan Municipal BuildingSoHoSaks Fifth Avenue FlagshipSolomon R. Guggenheim MuseumDavid Geffen Hall at Lincoln CenterColumbus CircleChelsea Piers Sports & Entertainment ComplexNew York Harbor Orpheum TheatreHudson TheatreMarquis TheatreBronx ZooGershwin Theatre Niagara FallsBarrymore TheatreTiffany & Co. Flagship StoreYankee StadiumFrick Collection Imperial TheatreNewark Liberty International Airport (EWR)