Explore our promoted experiences
- Private tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, in New York City
- Enjoy a more personalized experience of two New York City icons with a private guide
- Learn about Lady Liberty at the Statue of Liberty National Monument
- Includes ferry tickets, all entrance fees, and guide
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide on the steps outside of Castle Clinton's North Entrance (the far side from the water). The tour guide will be there 15 minutes before the tour starts and will be wearing an orange hat AND/OR a blue shirt or jacket.
The tour will end on Ellis Island. You can choose to stay there longer and explore on your own or take the first ferry back to Battery Park.
What To Expect
Board your Statue Cruises ferry and travel the short distance to Liberty Island, taking in the views of the Manhattan skyline along the way. See the collection of Statue of Liberty artifacts, such as the first version of her torch and photographs of the statue under construction.
Then take a stroll around the small island on your own, or grab a quick bite before rejoining your guide for the trip to Ellis Island.
On Ellis Island, you'll visit the original Immigration Station, carefully restored after decades of neglect and renovated to house the Museum of Immigration. Hear the stories of the millions of immigrants who came through Ellis Island, and have time to browse the collections or search the extensive archives.
Your tour concludes with a return to Battery Park in Lower Manhattan.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, ticket-holders will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or be offered a refund
- Dress appropriately for the weather. Downtown Manhattan is particularly windy
- Security screenings will take place prior to entering the ferry and pedestal at the statue. The Statue of Liberty is managed by the United States Park Police and visitors to the park are required to undergo airport-style security screenings. All persons and property are subject to search.
- Prohibited items: any weapons (self-defense or otherwise), locking blades, tools of any kind, large non-folding umbrellas, tripods, laptops, tablet keyboards, luggage, coolers, drones, basketballs, sewing kits, lighter fluid, and anything propelled by aerosol.
- Backpacks, strollers, large items, & food and beverages must be checked into lockers on Liberty Island prior to entering the statue pedestal. These lockers are available for $0.25 per locker. This fee is NOT included in the tour price.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ExperienceFirst
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas