- A behind-the-scenes look at the unique history and culture of Broadway
- Hear backstage and audition stories from your guide, a real Broadway performer
- The perfect tour to enjoy before you see a Broadway show
- See famous Broadway locations like Sardi's and 42nd Street
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide at 46th Street and Broadway (Times Square) in front of the George M Cohan Statue (a man holding a top hat and a cane). The guide will be there 15 minutes before the tour starts and will be wearing an orange hat AND/OR a blue shirt or jacket.
What To Expect
Meet this tour’s thespian guide at the TKTS ticket booth in Times Square to begin a behind-the-scenes look at the theater industry. Learn about the history of Broadway and hear some fascinating stories about the performances and stars that have graced its stages.
Stop at One Shubert Alley, Broadway’s oldest and most exclusive gift store. There’s Sardi’s restaurant, the toast of Broadway for more than 90 years. Check out the caricatures of showbiz celebs on the walls of this legendary Times Square Continental eatery. Walk down 42nd Street, home to many a Broadway theater. Visit the Hotel Edison NYC, surrounded on all sides by Broadway theaters, and the Church of St Mary the Virgin, aka Smokey Mary’s, a New York City landmark known for its use of incense at services. And finally, check out the bronze statue depicting American composer, playwright, actor and producer George M. Cohan.
The tour is a perfect precursor to seeing any Broadway show.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
- Please note: This tour does not go backstage, as Union rules prohibit access to working theaters
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY ExperienceFirst
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It was no 'Piece of Crap' - take the tour and you'll know what I mean." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews