Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore Harlem on the day of the week when it’s most alive—Sunday
- Watch a Sunday morning gospel service with a choir
- A guide knows the best ways around to see more in less time
- Upgrade to enjoy a soul food brunch at a local-favorite restaurant
Departure & Return
Between 43 and 44th streets on 8th avenue
What To Expect
Pass iconic music venues like the Apollo Theater and the Cotton Club, plus other cultural landmarks including the former home of Duke Ellington and the stately residences of Sugar Hill and Hamilton Heights. Disembark to explore parts of the neighborhood by foot. Along the way, your guide shares pieces of Harlem’s history as an important enclave for African American writers, artists, and musicians throughout the decades.
Make your way to a local church and join the congregation for a traditional Sunday morning service. Listen to a rousing sermon and admire the soulful vocals of a live gospel choir.
If you selected the brunch option during booking, you are also treated to Sunday brunch at a local Harlem restaurant. Savor southern-inspired soul food including fried chicken and spicy ribs, served with sides like buttery cornbread, collard greens, and macaroni and cheese.
At the end of your tour, return back to the departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Church services may be held in the Bronx, however the tour will still cover the Harlem itinerary
- Shorts and tank tops are not allowed to be worn on this tour. Harlem Spirituals Inc. reserves the right to refuse clients improperly dressed and will not refund the service
- Soul Food is traditional African American cuisine that originated in the South in the United States. Today it has become a highly sought after cuisine. It consists of spicy ribs, collard greens, fried fish and chicken, freshly cooked corn bread, and a few side dishes like black eye peas, okra, or macaroni and cheese to mention a few.
- Guests are invited to take walks through the neighborhoods visited. The average walk is about 15 minutes.
- With advance notice, wheelchair bound customers with some mobility can be accommodated in the front rows of the tour bus with their wheelchairs folded away in the luggage compartment. It is mandatory that someone accompany customers with special needs to assist them onto the coach.
- For passengers with no mobility or a non foldable wheelchairs we recommend giving at least 3 weeks notice so that we can secure a coach with a wheelchair lift.
- Wheelchair lifts are 49" X 28" and can carry a maximum weight limit of 700lbs. We kindly ask that you submit the dimensions and model of the chair as our lift may not be able to accommodate scooters and other large sized electric chairs. A maximum of one person in a wheelchair can be accommodated per bus.
- Many of the churches that we visit have steps. In order to accommodate their wheelchair bound congregation members churches use portable mobility ramps.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 80 travelers
- OPERATED BY Harlem Spirituals - New York Visions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "Please note that these tours are in several languages, so you will have to listen to the tour in 2 languages." See review