- An intriguing and fun tour of Greenwich Village
- Learn about famous artists who once lived here
- Hear about how elements of the gay rights movements were born here
- See some famous locations you’ve seen on TV, like the apartment building on Friends
Departure & Return
Please meet your guide on the SW corner of 6th Avenue & Waverly Place. The corner diagonal from the subway station. The guide will be there 15 minutes before the tour starts and they will be holding an orange flag.
Tour ends near the intersection of Christopher Street & 7th Avenue.
What To Expect
Edgar Allan Poe lived and wrote in this historic and beautiful neighborhood. The poet Dylan Thomas drank himself to death here. Radical thinkers John Reed and Upton Sinclair started counterculture movements, and the Village has been a haven for bohemians and a birthplace of the Beat movement. Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix played the small clubs and created some of their best music here. Your guide will also share the history of the gay rights movement as you pass landmarks.
Experience the present, learn a lot about the past and maybe even get a glimpse into the future of this iconic space in New York City. Finish the tour in iconic Washington Square before your tour ends at Village Cigar, a West Village relic.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriatel
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY ExperienceFirst
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "I recommend this tour to anyone looking for a great overview of the neighbourhood." See review
- "Perhaps very young children would not be particularly interested but it was a delight for myself and my adult daughter." See review
- "She was able to Tailor the tour, to fit all clients young old novice or expert." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews