Explore our promoted experiences
- A private local Brooklyn host experience in Dyker Heights and Bay Ridge
- Escape the tourist track and discover how real-life Brooklynites celebrate the holiday season
- Get an insider’s view on local hotspots, including markets for designers and artisans
- See picture-perfect views of Manhattan’s glittering skyline from across the East River
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Upon booking your meeting point can be arranged (e.g. your hotel/accommodation), however this must be confirmed and agreed in advance. Travel time to Brooklyn is included in the duration of the tour.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Begin by strolling through Dyker Heights to take in the most festive holiday decorations on local homes and shops before heading to Bay Ridge, where neighborhood houses are decked out in famously extravagant Christmas lights and décor.
Afterwards, browse the Brooklyn Makers Holiday Market or Brooklyn Holiday Bazaar to choose gifts crafted by local artists and artisans and stop for a bracing cup of hot chocolate or mulled cider.
End your tour in Herald Square, taking in dazzling views of the Manhattan skyline across the East River and visiting Santaland at Macy’s Department Store, a beloved Christmas tradition since 1902. Gather insider tips from your Brooklynite host about additional Santa-centric sights to take in on your own after the tour before saying goodbye at your meeting point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Unscripted
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff