6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Discover more of Louisiana on a small-group half-day tour to the Whitney Plantation from New Orleans. Ride by minivan past the marshes of Lake Pontchartrain and along River Road, passing filming locations for the popular TV series ‘Queen Sugar’ and other productions. Then, join a guided tour of the Whitney Plantation and learn about the history of the enslaved and free people who once lived on the plantation.
- Includes round-trip transportation from New Orleans
- Hear live on-board commentary from your driver about River Road
- Have time to tour the Whitney Plantation's house and grounds
- Pass by filming locations for popular TV shows and movies
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up time starts at 8:00 am Please allow 30 minutes for pick up time. We pick up at most New Orleans hotels. Put your hotel or airbnb address in before you check out
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY CRESCENT CITY TOURS & TRANSPORTATION
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whitney Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whitney Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whitney Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whitney Plantation Tour with Transportation?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "The 90 minute plantation tour is mostly outside in the sun, so consider that when thinking about what you wear and whether you bring those easily affected by the heat." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Whitney Plantation Tour with Transportation
6 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursAudio GuidesHistorical ToursFull-day ToursPlantation ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingTransfers & Ground TransportNew OrleansBus Tours - LouisianaAudio Guides - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaFull-day Tours - LouisianaPlantation Tours - LouisianaBus Tours - Orange BeachAudio Guides - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachFull-day Tours - Orange BeachPlantation Tours - Orange BeachBus Tours - DestinAudio Guides - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinFull-day Tours - DestinPlantation Tours - DestinCategory
Lafayette SquareNew Canal LighthouseNew Orleans City ParkAudubon Aquarium of the AmericasStoryville District Court of Two SistersWhitney Plantation MuseumLower Ninth WardOld U.S. MintNew Orleans Pharmacy MuseumMusical Legends ParkPort of New Orleans (Port NOLA)Backstreet Cultural MuseumNapoleon HouseOgden Museum of Southern ArtSt. Louis CathedralAudubon Nature InstituteLake PontchartrainHoumas HouseLaLaurie Mansion