- New Orleans swamp and bayou sightseeing tour
- Take a boat ride through swamps and bayous and watch for alligators, raccoons, snakes, turtles, birds, and more
- Learn all about Cajun culture from your guide
- Round-trip transportation form the French Quarter is included
Departure & Return
Gray Line Lighthouse on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River)
What To Expect
Your native guide will take you on a wildlife‐spotting expedition through this legendary Louisiana terrain. Glide along the water, viewing the lush greenery and abundant local wildlife, including nesting alligators, egrets, raccoons, snakes, and giant nutria. Some wildlife are more easily spotted during the warmer months of the year. Get great photos and learn about the history and mystery of the swamps, including the culture and ingenuity of the Cajun people who have populated this region for almost 250 years. Your guides will share stories about Cajun music, bayou lifestyle, and culinary traditions — like the creation of Louisiana’s signature gumbo, as well as information about the region’s passionate efforts to preserve the wetlands.
Your coach returns to the French Quarter by mid‐afternoon or evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus
- Electrical wheelchairs are permitted, but special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 72 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Unfortunately, electrical scooters are not permitted
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff