- Cooking demonstration class in New Orleans
- Get to know the basics of Louisiana cooking at the New Orleans School of Cooking
- Learn how to make New Orleans specialties such as gumbo, jambalaya and pralines from expert chefs
- Enjoy generous samplings of the dishes accompanied by complimentary beer, iced tea, and coffee
- Take the recipes home with you!
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Watch as your guest chef prepares famous dishes such as gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish etouffée, learn traditional techniques—such as the importance of a good roux—and the variety of unique spices that give classic Louisiana fare its distinctive flavor. Enjoy local anecdotes, storytelling, and interesting facts from your chef—and if you want to know the (slight) difference between Cajun and Creole food, just ask!
After each live cooking demonstration, indulge in hearty samples paired with tasty local beer, iced tea or coffee. Leave with a better understanding of food and some recipes to take home and perfect on your own!
Menu items may include any of the following: gumbo, jambalaya, corn and crab bisque, shrimp or chicken creole, shrimp and artichoke soup, crawfish etoufee, bread pudding, bananas foster, pralines, and pecan pie.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This is a demonstration class only; there is no hands-on training
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 34 travelers
- OPERATED BY New Orleans School of Cooking
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
See all safety measures taken by New Orleans Cooking Class.