Explore our promoted experiences
- Canyonlands National Park tour by 4WD from Moab
- Visit the sheer sandstone mesa of Island in the Sky, which stands more than 1,000 feet (300 meters) tall
- Stop at scenic lookouts with panoramic views of canyon country
- Travel the rugged terrain of the Shafer Trail by 4WD
- See examples of rock art from ancient indigenous Pueblo cultures
- Choose from a morning, afternoon or sunset tour
Departure & Return
On the North end of town across from the tire shop. NAVTEC Expeditions
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Start off atop a mesa with views looking out over the horizon before your guide deftly maneuvers the switchbacks of Shafer Trail. On this section of the 100-mile (161-km) White Rim Road Loop, you’ll make stops at spectacular Gooseneck Overlook and famous Musselman Arch, and photograph vistas of the Colorado River and the view from Thelma and Louise Point.
In addition to the popular lookouts, your expert guide will take you to spots that aren’t as frequently visited, where you’ll find everything from ancient Pueblo rock art to vertical views down the canyons. You’ll learn the history of the Pueblo people who inhabited the Four Corners area, and aside from the culture and history lessons, your guide will also explain the geology of the red rock canyons before you.
When you stop for a break to take photos, venture out on one of the short trails that leave from many of the viewpoints; you’ll get a different perspective and angle for photographing the canyons.
When this Canyonlands tour from Moab is over, your guide will return you to the middle of Moab to the spot where the tour began.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Things to bring: camera, water bottle (free refills available) and sun protection
- NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessioner
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY NAVTEC Expeditions
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- "The entire trip was quite an adventure and was well worth the money." See review