- Extensive guided tour of downtown Memphis
- Visit attractions and landmarks that speak to the city's colorful history
- Tasting at one of Memphis' best barbecue joints
- Includes admission to the Smithsonian’s Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum
Departure & Return
What To Expect
In addition to Beale Street, one of the most iconic streets in America, visit the Lorraine Motel to see the balcony where Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated. Stop to watch the famous duck march at the Peabody Memphis hotel.
Make a pit stop at the award-winning Central BBQ to sample some of the best barbecue in Memphis (tasting included).
Other sites to see may include the Victorian Village district, the Orpheum Theatre, the Gibson Guitar Factory, St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, AutoZone Park (home of the AAA baseball Memphis Redbirds), historic Cotton Row, Court Square Center, the Shelby County Courthouse, St. Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral.
Elvis fans, be sure to check out the Chisca on Main, where one of rock 'n' roll's pioneering disk jockeys, ‘Daddy-O’ Dewey Philips, played Elvis for the first time, and the Lauderdale Courts, one of Elvis’ early apartments.
Also included is admission to the Memphis Rock N' Soul Museum, chronicling the story of musical pioneers who, for the love of music, overcame racial and socio-economic barriers to create the sound that shook the entire music world.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Within a few blocks there are four different parking garages, and several open-air parking lots. The closest garage to our location (just two blocks away) is at 149 Peabody Place between Second Street and BB King Blvd., next to the Hampton Inn. You can try your luck with on-street metered parking, too, on Second Street just south of Beale; on Beale between Front and Second; or along Peabody Place from Front to Fourth Street.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- OPERATED BY Backbeat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "I would recommend this tour to get the lay of the land and which sites to further investigate on your own." See review