- Walking tour of Beale Street in downtown Memphis
- Trace the street's transformation from red-light district to the home of blues
- Learn about Memphis' significance in the civil rights movement
- See highlights including stores frequented by the likes of Elvis
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Follow your guide to significant spots on the main street, including A. Schwab General Store, which has been open for more than a hundred years, and the Lanky Brothers clothing store, where Elvis once shopped.
Pass, too, highlights such as Handy Park and Coyote Ugly saloon, and learn about the musical legends and colorful characters who shaped the street.
Your tour concludes back at the original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Provide Viator Voucher to show proof of purchase
- The walking distance is 0.5 miles (0.8 km)
- The tour is a walking tour on public city sidewalks, and is wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Within a few blocks there are four different parking garages, and several open-air parking lots. The closest garage to our location (just two blocks away) is at 149 Peabody Place between Second Street and BB King Blvd., next to the Hampton Inn. You can try your luck with on-street metered parking, too, on Second Street just south of Beale; on Beale between Front and Second; or along Peabody Place from Front to Fourth Street.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Backbeat Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience