- Be one of the first boats in the morning to snorkel Molokini Crater where visibility often exceeds 180ft.
- Snorkel the back wall of Molokini, a place very few visitors ever get to see.
- Look for dolphins at La Perouse Bay
- Swim with the Hawaiian green sea turtle!
- Enjoy world famous Maui cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit for breakfast and a delicious deli sandwiches and pasta salad for lunch.
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Check in for your day’s snorkel adventure early in the morning at the Kihei Small Boat Ramp. Skim over the waters near Maui in a speedy, eco-friendly military-inspired raft, heading first to Molokini Crater. This crescent-shaped crater is all that remains of a volcanic eruption millions of years ago. Today it plays host to a wealth of marine life like rays and tropical fish.
Thanks to your early start time, you’ll likely be the first boat at the site, ensuring an uncrowded snorkeling experience. Enjoy a continental breakfast before jumping into the water. Visibility at this top-notch diving and snorkeling site often exceeds 180 feet (55m), ensuring you clear sight lines all the way to the bottom. If you want to relax, feel free to take a break on the boat’s comfortable pontoons for some sunbathing. Then head to the backside of Molokini Crater, a snorkel site few visitors ever see.
Leave Molokini behind as you head to your next snorkel spot at ‘Turtle Town,’ stopping on the way to see some recent lava flows at La Perouse Bay, a favorite habitat for Hawaiian spinner dolphins. Arrive at your final snorkel site, ‘Turtle Town,’ where you’ll have a chance to swim with the gentle Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles that inhabit the area. When you come back up, dig into a deli lunch before returning back to your departure point in Maui.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Guests must be able to climb a vertical ladder to re-board boat after snorkeling.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Must show up 30 minutes prior to departure, 6:30AM for 7AM departure
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Redline Rafting
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Molokini Crater and South Maui Coast Adventure from Kihei.