- Watch the sunrise from Haleakala Crater
- Ride a bike down a dormant volcano
- Explore the towns of Makawao and Kula
- Receive instruction from a professional guide
- All transport, safety, and bike gear provided
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Located in Makawao next to Haliimaile General Store Google for directions
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- Maximum 13 per booking allowed
- Weight restrictions apply; maximum weight is 280 lbs
- Minimum height required is 5 feet
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mountain Riders LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Maui Haleakala Sunrise Downhill Bike Tour with Mountain Riders Rated #1.
- "Bring warm clothing (actual winter stuff) because this tour gets you up there early enough so you can get a good spot to view the sunrise." See review
- "It was freezing and uncomfortable at times so bring many layers, warm scarf and a warm hat." See review
- "Really worth the early wake up to get there and get the great viewing point" See review