Explore our promoted experiences
- Underwater adventure in an Atlantis Submarine
- View the underwater reef and marine creatures
- Seasonal whale watching and wildlife spotting
- Return shuttle cruise to the submarine dive site
- Choice of morning and afternoon departure times
Departure & Return
Atlantis Submarines Maui located at 658 Wharf St. Lahaina, HI 96761 (Front St. side of the Pioneer Inn building).
What To Expect
In 2005, an old whaling ship, the Carthaginian, was scuttled off of Lahaina, and today serves as an artificial reef for colorful coral and fish. Prior to its scuttling in 2005, this area was simply a sandy bottom with very little marine life, and today it houses indigenous fish and a vibrant coral reef.
In winter, from December-May, there’s even the chance of spotting whales on the journey out to the sub, and you never know if one might pay a visit while underwater!
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Passengers must be capable of ascending and descending a near vertical ladder on their own to board the submarine
- Total tour time is approximately 1 hour 50 minutes. Actual underwater tour time is 45 minutes
- Children must be 36 inches or taller to ride the submarine
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants are not permitted on the submarine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- OPERATED BY Atlantis Adventures Hawaii
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.