Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Visit one of the original UNESCO World Heritage Sites and a top Poland attraction
- Descend deep underground to explore a vast labyrinth of tunnels and chambers
- Hear the fascinating history of the mine from an English-speaking guide
- Headsets provided to clearly hear the guide's commentary
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Point B: departure & return. We meet at the corner of Starowiślna and Dajwór street (50°03'10.8"N 19°56'55.4"E). Across the road from the post office and the pharmacy Ziko Apteka. There is a parking lot where taxis often stop. The nearest tram stop is Miodowa. Tram lines: 3, 17, 19, 24, 69.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Trace the long and fascinating history of the mine — one of the world’s oldest and deepest — as you descend almost 450 feet (135 meters) down the shaft accompanied by an English-speaking guide. Be prepared for a considerable workout, as the touring route features a climb down 350 steps. Wander through a 1.9-mile (3-km) labyrinth of tunnels that open into glittering chambers decorated with salt rock carvings and vast caverns filled with saline lakes. There is even an expansive chapel with salt statuary and chandeliers in this remarkable underground city.
Expect to spend around 3 hours exploring the mine’s cavernous and historic highlights, listening to your guide’s live commentary through provided headsets so everyone can hear clearly. An elevator shaft is available to whisk you back to the surface at the end of the tour, where a driver awaits to return you to your original Kraków departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Youth between 18 and 26 years must present a valid student ID on the day of the activity.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- The temperature in the Salt Mine varies between 16-18 degrees Celsius throughout the year
- Bags and backpacks larger than 30x20x10cm are not allowed on the museum grounds. You may store luggage in the vehicles free of charge.
- A considerable amount of walking is involved
- Not recommended for travelers suffering from claustrophobia
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- OPERATED BY CRACOW LOCAL TOURS
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "Firstly wear comfortable clothing and shoes, it’s a lot of walking and there seemed to be a lot of climates in the mine." See review
- "The salt mines is a must see I. Krakow and Viator has the best pricing!" See review
- "Thankfully there is a small lift to take you back up rather than walking." See review