- Day trip to Auschwitz-Birkenau from Krakow with a local guide
- Explore the UNESCO-listed complex and learn about its terrible past from a knowledgeable guide
- Trace the stories of individual prisoners and visit the memorials to the camps’ victims
- Learn the history of WWII’s Holocaust and about the liberation of Auschwitz in 1945
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Begin your trip with pickup at select Krakow hotels or in central Krakow, at your preferred departure time. Accompanied by your guide, travel to the town of Oswiecim while a documentary on WWII and the Nazi Holocaust is shown on board. Arrive at the Auschwitz-Birkenau complex, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Enter the gates bearing the inscription Arbeit Macht Frei (Work Sets You Free) and then head inside to learn about how the complex quickly turned from a detention camp to a center for mass murder. Your guide discusses the camp’s history in a sensitive manner as you visit the crematoriums and gas chambers, as well as the watchtowers and fences at Birkenau where the Nazi officers stood guard.
After examining the exhibitions inside the old prison blocks, pay your respects at the camp's somber memorial. Your trip concludes with drop-off back at your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- DEPARTURE TIME The hours you book are tentative and may change, and departures from Krakow may take place in the following hours: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. You are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the pickup time and pickup point on +48 12 430 07 26, +48 602 49 70 64 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DEPARTURE POINT Choice of pickup from our main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow, or selected hotels in Krakow. If you do not require hotel pickup, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point: the bus park at 7 Powisle Street, across from the Sheraton Grand Hotel Krakow. Check-in at this location is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time. PICKUP SERVICE Our pickup service is available from selected hotels in Krakow. Depending on the location of the hotel, the pickup service will be between 30–50 minutes before the tour departure time. Please enquire at your hotel reception desk regarding the pickup time and the possibility of a pickup. Please note: pickups can only be guaranteed if you book 24-hours in advance.
- RETURN DETAILS Original departure point.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION The hours you book are tentative and may change, and departures from Krakow may take place in the following hours: 8.00 am – 3.00 pm. All customers are required to contact Cracow Tours no earlier than 3 days and no later than 24h before the date of the tour to confirm the time of departure on +48 12 430 07 26, +48 602 49 70 64 or email: email@example.com.
- All customers are obliged to take their ID document with them on the day of the tour (if there is no such document, the staff of the facility have the right to refuse entry to the museum). The name and surname on the reservation must be identical as in ID document. Cracow Tours does not take any responsibility if any of our customers will be refused to enter Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau due to lack of documents.
- The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Museum cannot exceed dimensions 30x20x10 cm. Larger bags must be left in the bus.
- Most of the tour takes place outside, so please be prepared for the different weather conditions.
- Taking photos in the buildings with the use of flash is forbidden. You are allowed to take photos only in selected parts of the Museum.
- Eating and smoking, as well as acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the Museum.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- There is a 15-minute break during the tour, we suggest taking a sandwich and water with you.
- Please bear in mind that there are hundreds of tourists visiting the Museum every day and keeping your own pace of sightseeing is not possible.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Intercrac
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial Guided Tour from Krakow.
- "Also if possible don’t combine it with another trip eg salt mines- you need to give this all the time you can and time to reflect." See review
- "The tour takes you to 3-4 main camp buildings so you have a good idea of the area but it will not afford you a deep comprehensive visit if that's what you are looking for." See review
- "The museum is not a pleasure to visit, but would recommend the tour as it a stark reminder that these atrocities must never happen again." See review