2 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore Ukraine’s nuclear history and discover the richness of the Chernobyl zone today on this 2-day Chernobyl and Pripyat tour from Kiev. Pass the Dytyatky Checkpoint with a guide and delve into the infamous Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. During your tour, discover derelict hospitals, houses, kindergartens and schools in the villages of Kopachi and Zalissya. See abandoned vehicles used in the clean-up following the 1986 nuclear explosion and gain insight into decontamination efforts. See defunct cooling towers and disused radar, and meet the bold settlers who call Chernobyl and Pripyat home.
- 2-day tour of Chernobyl and Pripyat from Kiev
- Head into the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone with a guide
- Visit abandoned villages such as Kopachi and Zalissya
- Gain insight into Chernobyl’s 1986 nuclear explosion
- Discover derelict cooling towers and disused radar
- Meet settlers who live within the exclusion zone
Saved to wishlist!
Accommodation, food and compulsory insurance
Knowledgeable and friendly guides
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Dosimeter rent (10USD to be arranged locally if required)
Hotel pickup ($13) and/or Airport transfer ($16-$36)to be arranged locally if required
Departure & Return
Ivana Ohiienka St, 6, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- ATTENTION! To make your trip successful, please,while filling booking application, kindly write your email address and phone number into field "Special requirements", so tour managers will be able to provide you with all necessary information and tour-details about the trip and to stay in touch on a day-trip in the case of any emergency.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- It is obligatory to have your passport with you for each participant (and it should be the one that you specified in the application for the trip! Please check information you have sent to us thoroughly - it is required to send the full name, passport number, date of birth (dd\mm\yyyy) and citizenship per EACH PARTICIPANT. Any mistake in passport data may be a reason not to let you pass passport control at checkpoint successfully)
- Dress code is long sleeves (jacket, shirt), pants (no skirts!), closed comfortable shoes
- The Rules of stay in the Zone prohibit: - eating, drinking and smoking in open air; - touching buildings, trees, plants; - gathering and eating mushrooms, berries, fruit and nuts in forests and gardens of the abandoned settlements - sitting on the ground - putting photo and video cameras, bags, backpacks and other personal belongings on the ground.
- Persons under alcoholic/drug intoxication are not allowed to take a trip to the Zone
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chernobyl Tour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 2-Day Extended Tour to the Chernobyl Zone and Prypiat Town from Kyiv?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 2-Day Extended Tour to the Chernobyl Zone and Prypiat Town from Kyiv?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 2-Day Extended Tour to the Chernobyl Zone and Prypiat Town from Kyiv?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 2-Day Extended Tour to the Chernobyl Zone and Prypiat Town from Kyiv?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
2-Day Extended Tour to the Chernobyl Zone and Prypiat Town from Kyiv
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsBus ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursExtremeMulti-day & Extended ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingKiev4WD Tours - ChisinauSporting Events - ChisinauBus Tours - ChisinauOvernight Tours - ChisinauMulti-day Tours - ChisinauExtreme - Chisinau4WD Tours - KharkivSporting Events - KharkivBus Tours - KharkivOvernight Tours - KharkivMulti-day Tours - KharkivExtreme - Kharkiv4WD Tours - IasiSporting Events - IasiBus Tours - IasiOvernight Tours - IasiMulti-day Tours - IasiExtreme - IasiCategory