- 2-hour private or semi-private surf lesson on Kauai
- Small group ensuring personal guidance
- Certified professional instructor
- Top of the line surf equipment
Departure & Return
Hanalei town. 5-5134 Kuhio Highway, Hanalei, HI 96714 WE ARE NORTH. Please look on a map of the Island to see where Hanalei is. 1 road around the Island. Very easy. Do not 100% rely on GPS.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your expert instructor is a big-wave surfer who is dedicated and passionate about surfing, and who can easily teach you the skills required for learning to ride a wave. During this 2-hour private surfing lesson, you’ll learn the proper place to sit on the board and the best techniques for paddling, as well as how to choose the best waves and what to do if you fall.
For beginning surfers, the soft-top boards that are used for lessons are safe, wide, and stable, and are the best boards for learning to surf in the warm waters off Kauai. Winter often has the largest waves, but the protected conditions of Hanalei Bay make the area perfect for learning. If there’s ever a day where the water’s too flat or the ocean is simply too rough, you’ll head to another spot on the island where conditions are a little bit better.
This private Kauai surf lesson has one instructor per participant, and a semi-private lesson features one instructor for a group of two or three. Read the Itinerary for more lesson details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Recommended for 6 + if comfortable in the water. Great family fun gearing to the young ones but everyone learns to surf.
- Students under 13 years of age private lesson choice is 130.89. Please call supplier directly There is no minimum age do to with your own family but lesson gear to the youngest member.
- Please note ages.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Hawaiian Surfing Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms