- Full-day eight-hour tour of Istanbul and its four main attractions
- Superb Blue Mosque
- Historic Hagia Sophia and its Byzantine mosaics
- Ottoman architecture and museums of Topkapi Palace
- Shopping in the Grand Bazaar
- Lunch included
- English-speaking guide
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Please arrive 45 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Blue Mosque:Don’t miss one of the most important sights in Sultanahmet—as well as in the Islamic and Turkish worlds—the stately Blue Mosque. This Ottoman mosque is depicted by six iconic minarets and a large dome roof, making it one of visitor’s favorite photo backdrops, while culture lovers will also admire it for its prominence and reverence. Inside, hundreds of stained glass windows illuminate the large main room, adorned with more than 20,000 Iznik-style tiles.
Hagia Sophia:Erected as far back as the 6th century, the Hagia Sophia, near the Blue Mosque, began as one of the biggest Christian basilicas in existence. But after the Ottoman empire took over Istanbul, it was transformed into a mosque. Today, however, in post-Ottoman Turkey, it is one of the most stunning museums in the country, if not the continent. Admire the intricate mosaics and tile-work, as well as it’s fascinating history. (closed on Mondays from October 20, 2015)
Topkapi Palace:No palace in the world rivals Istanbul’s Topkapi, the crown jewel of the Ottoman Empire. Not only is it the largest palace in the entire world, it is also the oldest. Stroll the engrossing rooms, painted with detailed artwork. Snap a photo in the illustrious harem quarters, and admire views from buildings looking out over the Golden Horn. (closed on Tuesday)
Grand Bazaar:As one of the largest covered markets in the world, no shopper will want to miss this highlight. The Grand Bazaar has been conducting continuous business ever since the 14th century. As such, its 58 colorful streets are lined with more than 4,000 storefronts. Keep an eye out for handmade jewelry, pottery, leather, and, of course the famous Turkish carpets. (closed on Sunday additional time will be spent at the other locations)
Worry-free Shore Excursion:This trip ensures your on-time return to Istanbul's port. It is unlikely, but should your ship depart before your return, transportation will be arranged to your next port. Your money will be refunded if your arrival to the port of Istanbul is delayed. See the terms and conditions for details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- If Hagia Sophia is closed you will visit Chora Museum instead
- During religious holidays July 28, 29 and 30 and October 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2014 the Spice market and Grand Bazaar will be closed
- Not recommended for participants with walking difficulties
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Neon Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience