- Private, full-day tour of the northeast Romanian countryside from Iasi
- Learn about Moldavian history at the Neamţ Monastery and Citadel
- Visit traditional villages where locals still use horse-drawn carts
- Come face-to-face with native wildlife at a bison reservation
- Try on Romanian folk costumes at the Nicolae Popa Museum
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 10 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Next, appreciate the region’s natural bounty with a visit to a bison reservation before continuing onto the commune of Agapia, where traditional rural ways of life are still practiced by locals. See the Agapia Orthodox Monastery and several charming villages where residents still travel by horse-drawn cart and cook over an open fire using homegrown produce.
Further delve into country customs at the Nicolae Popa Museum, showcasing regional folklore, handicrafts, and attire. Here, you'll have a chance to try on traditional folk costumes and pose for pictures to create a unique memento of your rural experience. At the end of the day, relax on the return journey to Iasi, where the full-day tour concludes with hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Rolandia Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands