1 hour 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Board a vintage bus for a driving tour of Glasgow complete with afternoon tea. See the city’s top attractions including the West End and Glasgow University while snacking on sandwiches, scones, and cupcakes. Sip tea, coffee, or wine as the bus rolls through the streets of Glasgow. Several departure times allow you to explore the city on your own schedule.
- Combine afternoon tea and a sightseeing tour
- Cruise through Glasgow on a vintage bus
- Taste traditional sandwiches and scones
- Choose between several convenient start times
Saved to wishlist!
Handmade Sandwich selections
Home baked warm scone with cream, jam and strawberry garnish
Selection of Petit Fours
Unlimited Tea & Coffee
Complimentary Soft Drink
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Souvenir drinks cup
Departure & Return
Shuttle St, Glasgow G1 1QA, UK
Adjacent to Amore Restaurant.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- We do not offer live or recorded guide commentary on our buses. We are a dining Experience whilst touring Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- Red Bus Bistro Bookings are only valid for the date and time stated.
- Patrons should expect to share a table especially on our busier weekend tours. If patrons would rather not share a table we can try and accommodate them on a quieter tour.
- Patrons are requested to arrive 5 – 10 minutes before departure at Stance ZF, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh. Unfortunately we cannot wait for late comers as we only have a limited time on stand. Refunds will not be offered to latecomers.
- We offer gluten free or vegetarian options. Our Products may contain nuts. Please specify requirements upon reservation.
- No tickets are issued for the tour.
- Your Surname is passed to the Bus Manager prior to your tour, this will be requested upon arrival at the bus, you can print this email out purely for your own information.
- Please be prepared to redeem any Gift Voucher you may have used for payment to the bus on the day of the tour.
- If you have booked using an Itison voucher, we may ask to see your voucher on your phone.
- The tour is not suitable for 6 year Old’s and under
- Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Full payment is required at the time of booking; cancellations are accepted no later than 15 working days before the tour date. Red Bus Bistro will refund in full minus £5 admin fee.
- No refunds will be given less than the 4 weeks prior to the date of booking.
- For groups of 12 and above we require 50% of the total bill as down payment which is non-refundable, the balance is then due 3 weeks before the tour date.
- There may be occasions where the tour has to be cancelled without advance notice, in the event of a cancellation patrons will be refunded in full or transferred onto another tour date.
- If the tour is cancelled after the first half an hours commencement, we will then offer availability on another tour.
- Smoking is not permitted on the Bus at any time.
- Red Bus Bistro does not take any responsibility for the loss, damage or theft of personal belongings while on the Bus.
- Conditions of carriage are subject to legislation set out by the Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981; all details can be given by the Red Bus Bistro head office.
- We would like to point out that we operate Vintage Routemaster Buses, and although we keep our vehicles in the best possible maintenance condition there will be times that unforeseen maintenance issues may arise and result in a disruption to the tours, or cancellation; however we will endeavour to do everything in our power to avoid any disruption.
- Red Bus Bistro Company reserves the right to refuse carriage of patrons who are intoxicated, or displaying threatening or abusive behaviour, no refunds will be given under these circumstances. We also ask that a reasonable standard of behaviour is adhered to while on the tour, as there are other passengers to consider.
- Red Bus Bistro is not responsible for any damage caused by breaking the rules.
- RED BUS BISTRO COMPANY LIMITED ACCESS POLICIES
- It is not the policy of Red Bus Bistro Company Ltd to discriminate in any way against employees or passengers regarding disability, gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
- Red Bus Bistro’s Bus was registered in 1966; it consists of Drivers Cab, upper deck, lower deck, and will always have at least 4 staff on board. The bus seats 12 downstairs and 28 upstairs; unfortunately due to the age and design of the Bus we cannot accommodate wheelchair passengers. Red Bus Bistro can reserve seating in advance for the lower deck for those with mobility concerns. As per above, patrons should otherwise be prepared to share a table, where the patrons would rather be seated alone we can try and accommodate them on a quieter tour however not guaranteed,
- There is no toilet on board.
- The tour will last between 70-90 minutes dependant on conditions, in which time our patrons will be served with an Afternoon Tea or Gin Tour. For private hire all requests are considered.
- Red Bus Bistro Company Limited will go out of its way to cater for as diverse and audience as possible within the physical confines of the bus, and will follow the DDA Legislation guidelines at all times.
- All information gained from Patrons will never be given to any third parties; Red Bus Bistro Company Limited is responsible for all online transactions.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Red Bus Bistro Company Limited
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Glasgow Afternoon Tea Experience?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Glasgow Afternoon Tea Experience?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Glasgow Afternoon Tea Experience?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Glasgow Afternoon Tea Experience?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Glasgow Afternoon Tea Experience
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Pub ToursBus ToursDistillery Tours Beer & Brewery ToursCoffee & Tea ToursFood, Wine & NightlifeTours & SightseeingGlasgowPub Tours - StirlingBus Tours - StirlingDistillery Tours - StirlingBeer & Brewery Tours - StirlingCoffee & Tea Tours - StirlingPub Tours - EdinburghBus Tours - EdinburghDistillery Tours - EdinburghBeer & Brewery Tours - EdinburghCoffee & Tea Tours - EdinburghPub Tours - BelfastBus Tours - BelfastDistillery Tours - BelfastBeer & Brewery Tours - BelfastCoffee & Tea Tours - BelfastCategory
Pollok HouseGlasgow Cruise Port (Greenock Ocean Terminal)SEA LIFE® Loch LomondGlasgow West EndNew LanarkCairngorms National ParkBuchanan StreetGlasgow Science CentreSt. Mungo Museum of Religious Life and ArtThe Hunterian (Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery)Geilston GardenCulzean Castle and Country ParkPeople's Palace & Winter GardensDavid Livingstone CentreGeorge SquareBurrell CollectionThe LighthouseGlasgow CathedralKelvingrove Art Gallery and MuseumDunure Castle