- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle on a day trip from Munich
- Enjoy a bike ride from Fussen to Hohenschwangau
- See beautiful scenery and popular locations along the way
- Bike rental and city map included
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
our tour start 12:15am at House L.A-Hostel in 87629 Fuessen,Wachsbleiche 2 it´s 5min Walk from the Main station in Fuessen
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
To begin the tour, take a guided bike tour through the lush meadows and forests surrounding Hohenschwangau. Stop to see beautiful Lake Alpsee and visit Hohenschwangau Castle, a majestic Gothic palace that was the childhood home of King Ludwig II of Bavaria.
The highlight of the tour is a visit to Neuschwanstein Castle, a 19th-century Romanesque Revival palace nestled on top of a rugged hill high above the village of Hohenschwangau, near Fussen, in southwest Bavaria. This stunning fairy tale palace was the inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty castle and it’s one of the most popular of all the castles or palaces in Europe, drawing 1.4 million visitors each year.
The tour ends with a return trip to central Munich.
Note: It is recommended to purchase a ‘Bayern Ticket’ train ticket from Munich, which can be used for the return trip as well.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Good walking/biking shoes are recommended as well as to bring a raincoat for bad weather or a swimsuit in the summer
- Please note, there is one train transfer on the route to Fuessen station. Please see your final confirmation voucher for more information.
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Bavarian Castle Tour
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- "You can ask at the information desk where to catch the train or check out the DB app." See review