- Step into Edinburgh’s hidden underground vaults with a guide
- Explore the winding passageways and hear grisly stories from their dark past
- Hear tales of hardship and struggle in 18th-century Edinburgh
- Explore a side to the Scottish capital many visitors miss
Departure & Return
The tour starts from the Tourist Information Police Box, outside of the Bank of Scotland. This is across the road from Deacon Brodie’s Tavern. The guide will meet everyone there. Please be there at least 5 minutes early as we depart promptly at the tour time and will not wait for latecomers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- not suitable for children under 5 years of age
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Entrance/Exit to the vaults is via a 2 foot tall step followed by single flight spiral staircase.
- Mezzanine staircases of 5-7 steps inside vaults between levels.
- Most travelers can participate
- Alcohol/Drugs are strictly forbidden and anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 36 travelers
- OPERATED BY Auld Reekie Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands