- Private day trip of Scotland’s Outlander filming locations from Edinburgh .Visit the village of Falkland and hear how it was transformed into Inverness of 1947 for filming
- Explore the medieval Doune Castle, the real-life setting of Castle Leoch
- See the home of Geillis Duncan in the rural village of Culross and visit Lallybroch, Jamie Fraser’s childhood home
- Gain insight into the Highlands of the early 1740s, a volatile period before the Jacobite rising
- Hear insider stories about the cast, crew and filming locations
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Your first stop is the charming village of Falkland nestled in the Lomond Hills. Stroll through the town that served as the setting of 1947 Inverness to see the church that represented Danleigh Parish Church and stop for a photo outside of Campbells Café. Following the guided tour, take some time to independently explore the town – where the young Mary Queen of Scots spent her happiest childhood days! – and grab some lunch (own expense).
After lunch, continue to the medieval Doune Castle – Outlander’s fictional Castle Leoch. Hear about the area's gruesome 18th-century battles that took place during the Jacobite rising, both fictional renditions and real-life warfare. Snap some photos of the castle from the outside or take an optional interior tour (own expense).
Next head to Culross (aka Cranesmuir), where characters Geillis and Arthur Duncan live, and on to Jamie Fraser’s home in Lallybroch. Bonus! Your private tour grants exclusive access to the closed filming location in Lallybroch.
As you travel, enjoy little-known stories about the show’s production. Test yourself with entertaining trivia about clans, warfare, Scottish history and signature Outlander characters!
Your 9-hour tour concludes with an early evening return to your Edinburgh hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Brit Movie Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: 'Outlander' TV Locations Day Trip from Edinburgh.