Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit Hadrian’s Wall, once the northernmost limit of the Roman Empire and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stroll around an Augustine abbey in Jedburgh, the border crossing at Carter Bar, and 19th-century spa town Moffat
- Walk along sections of Hadrian’s Wall at Steel Rigg, located in the spectacular scenery of Northumberland National Park
- Visit to Vindolanda or Birdoswald Fort, the best preserved Roman fort along Hadrian’s Wall, with stunning views over the River Irthing gorge
- Small group limited to 16 people ensures personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
6 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG (Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Stop at Steel Rigg, one of Britain’s richest territories for Roman archeology. Enjoy free time to view and explore Hadrian’s Wall—the immense 73-mile-long (117.5 km) cobbled fortification built by Emperor Hadrian to keep Scottish ‘barbarians’ out of the Roman Empire. Learn more about the Roman presence in ancient Britain and stand where Romans guard did more than a thousand years ago.
Afterwards, stop at Vindolanda where you can explore the museum and grab some lunch (own expense) before heading to Birdoswald for a photo stop. Here, get an up-close look at one of the best preserved Roman forts on Hadrian’s Wall. Hear about the fortification features and some recent excavations that have taken place nearby.
From Birdoswald, begin your return trip, arriving at the drop-off point on Waverly Bridge in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Min. age 5 years old. We do not accept children under the age of 5 years.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Check in closes 15 minutes prior to departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- In order to retain the integrity of the tour and try to ensure that all our customers have the best possible experience, we do cap bookings from any one party to 8 passengers.
- For your optional Jedburgh Abbey tickets you must reserve your time slot in advance. Please use the link printed on your voucher.
- Vindolanda Roman Fort and Museum - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- Due to safety inspection and possible maintenance work, Jedburgh Abbey is closed until further notice.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It is a good tour and a full day with a knowledgeable and friendly driver/guide." See review