Explore our promoted experiences
- Evening Edinburgh underground vaults walking tour
- Explore the Old Town’s ‘wynds’ and hear about their history and mysteries
- Visit Greyfriars Kirkyard, said to be the world’s most haunted graveyard
- Descend into Edinburgh’s underground vaults and uncover their 400-year history
- Hear tales of ghosts, murders and torture, and watch and listen for unexplained events
- Guide dressed as one of Edinburgh’s most infamous characters
- Early evening tour suitable for families
Departure & Return
Old Police Box by starbucks
What To Expect
Then, set out on foot to explore the hidden wynds and closes radiating from the Royal Mile. Stroll through shadowy lanes and courtyards, and listen as your guide details their dark history and horrifying secrets, hearing tales of the criminality and murders once rife here.
Next, head to what is claimed to be the world’s most haunted cemetery: Greyfriars Kirkyard. Walk around the tombstones, and listen to stories of poltergeists, missing bodies, and the graveyard’s famously loyal dog.
Lastly, follow your guide into Edinburgh’s underground vaults. Explore the dark subterranean chambers, and uncover their 400-year history as you hear gruesome snippets about ghosts, torture, murder, witchcraft, and unexplained events.
As you walk, watch and listen or any strange events and noises: many visitors to the vaults have reported weird sensations and sightings.
When it’s time, re-emerge into the streets of the Old Town, where your tour ends when you say goodbye to your guide.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- guests should arrive 10 minutes prior to tours
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY City of Edinburgh Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Hangman was a brilliant guide and highly recommend this tour to anyone who comes to Edinburgh!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews