Explore our promoted experiences
- Edinburgh late-night ghost walking tour
- Experience Edinburgh’s famous haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults by candle light
- Visit sites of documented hauntings, ghosts and spirits
- Hear fascinating stories of crimes, hangings and mysterious legends from your expert guide
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Visit sites of hangings and documented spirit hauntings; discover where Edinburgh’s disreputable characters committed crimes of passion; and hear legendary stories, such as that of a wizard who was burned at the stake. Learn, too, about the notorious ‘bodysnatchers’ who reputedly stole fresh bodies from graveyards to sell to medical schools for anatomy lectures.
Then follow your guide underground to the Blair Street Vaults, built under the 19 stone arches of the South Bridge constructed in the late 18th century. Led by candlelight flickering in the shadows, you’ll see where lively poltergeists bide their time and learn of Edinburgh’s darkest deeds before your tour ends back above ground.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tours are guaranteed all year round, so please dress for the weather, with comfortable shoes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mercat Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Besides I liked it being at 10pm: it gave time to have supper before :" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews