Explore our promoted experiences
- Day trip to Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle from Edinburgh
- Explore the banks of Loch Lomond and marvel at the nearby mountains
- Admire the stunning scenery of the Scottish Highlands in Trossachs National Park
- Discover the town of Stirling and its star attraction of Stirling Castle
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
In the afternoon, arrive at Stirling, the former capital of Scotland. Opt to visit the famous Stirling Castle (own expense), a critical medieval stronghold and former residence of Scottish royals including Mary, Queen of Scots. With your free time here, stroll the grounds and snap photos, or purchase an optional interior tour and see spectacular rooms like the Great Hall and James V’s Palace. Learn about the site’s colorful history riddled with battles such as the Battle of Stirling Bridge, led by the legendary William Wallace during the Wars of Independence.
On the return journey to Edinburgh, the tour stops at the Kelpies. The world's largest equine sculptures dedicated to the horse-powered heritage of Central Scotland, designed by Andy Scott.
Your full-day trip concludes with return service to the Royal Mile, arriving by early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 22 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Explorer Tours Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Day Trip to Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park with Optional Stirling Castle Tour from Edinburgh.