Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour of Alnwick Castle, Bamburgh, and Coldstream from Edinburgh
- Enjoy the beauty of the Northumberland coast at Bamburgh
- Tour Alnwick Castle, featured as Hogwarts School in the Harry Potter films
- Admire the spectacular 5th-century Bamburgh Castle
Departure & Return
What To Expect
During the ride, your guide offers history-rich commentary regarding Scotland’s past. Upon arrival in Bamburgh, on the Northumberland coast, meander towards the beach for jaw-dropping views of the spectacular Bamburgh Castle. This 5th-century building sits atop a throne of volcanic dolerite.
The next stop is Alnwick Castle, which Harry Potter fans will instantly recognize at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Snap photographs of the castle’s grand exterior before heading inside (admission at your own expense). Explore opulent rooms, learn about the castle’s history, and hear about the filming of Harry Potter and Downtown Abbey.
Finally, travel along the Tweed River to Coldstream, a former Burgh and home to the Coldstream Guards. Learn about this towns turbulent history from your guide, the board the vehicle and unwind on route to your original departure point in Edinburgh.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Near public transportation
- It is recommended to book transport to the departure point in advance. Please also allow extra time to get to the departure point for check-in. We advise you arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour departure to allow time to check-in for the tour. Unfortunately, we are unable to hold back the tour for late arrivals.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Highland Explorer Tours Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands