Explore our promoted experiences
- 2-day guided tour, round-trip from Edinburgh to Inverness in a top-of-the-range, 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Scenic drive through the Scottish Highlands with optional boat ride on Loch Ness
- Choice of hotel or B&B/guesthouse accommodation
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 16 people ensures a personalized experience
Departure & Return
Rabbie's Cafe Bar, 6 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Spend the night in Inverness, the capital of the Scottish Highlands, with your choice of a single, twin or double room at a 3-star hotel or bed & breakfast (guesthouse) upon booking.
Day 1: Edinburgh – Inverness
Depart Edinburgh and make photo stops at Loch Lubnaig and Callander. Then journey to Glencoe Mountain, a haunting glen that was the scene of a terrible massacre in 1692, where many of the Macdonald Clan died.
On arrival at Loch Ness, you have the option to take a boat trip out on the loch (April to October; price not included) to look for Nessie the Loch Ness Monster, and take in views of Urquhart Castle, or you may stay on dry land to explore the castle's mighty ruins. More scenic views and a quick photo stop are offered at the inspirational memorial of Commando Monument (Spean Bridge).
Continue your journey, arriving at Inverness. Enjoy free time to soak up the lively atmosphere and beautiful Victorian architecture before you’re dropped off at your accommodation. The evening is free for you to explore the capital of the Highlands.
Overnight: 3-star hotel or B&B in Inverness
Day 2: Inverness – Culloden - Pitlochry – Edinburgh
After a leisurely breakfast, you are picked up from your Inverness accommodation and travel toward the Culloden Battlefield at Culloden Moor. Experience the Battle of Culloden, admire Jacobite artifacts, and visit the powerfully moving site of the final Jacobite rising. Travel through winding back roads and discover a 4,000-year-old cemetery at Clava Cairns.
After a possible stop at eight the House of Bruar at Blair Atholl with free time to stroll around or Dalwhinnie Distillery for whisky tasting (own expense).
From here, continue on to Cairngorm National Park. This unique area is one of the last remaining pockets of native Caledonian pine forest left standing. Gaze in awe at Scotland’s most beautifully rounded peaks en route back to Edinburgh.
Please note: tour may run in reverse order for operational reasons.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tour may run in reverse for operational reasons.
- Minimum age for travel on this tour is 5 years
- Family rooms are limited and may be available on request. Maximum of 2 Adults and 1 child in one room. Family rooms for 2 adults and 2 children are not available
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Please note tour stops and timings are for reference only and depend on the itinerary of the day as well as on group's interests, therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- There are many options along the route and our itinerary is intentionally flexible so that the guide is able to decide what is best on any given day.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Stops at Culloden, Clava Cairns, House of Bruar, Dalwhinnie are optional, but not guaranteed.
- Most travelers can participate
- Loch Ness by Jacobite cruise – no need to pre-book, you can choose whether you want to join the cruise whilst on your tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Rabbies Trail Burners
- If you cancel less than 21 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 21 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 22 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Filter by:Accessibility Accomodations Health & Safety Inclusion/Exclusion Itinerary details Meeting & Pickup Other Pricing/Options
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff