- Admire views of Cologne's top attractions, like Cologne Cathedral
- Take in panoramic views of beautiful riverbanks and park areas
- Learn about the city's interesting history from the informative audio commentary in English
- Upgrade to a 2-hour sightseeing cruise to enjoy Cologne's riverfront sights lit up at night!
Departure & Return
At the KD Ticket Office Cologne, branded with red KD logo at the Rhine embankment
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Step aboard your modern sightseeing boat, and find a spot on the sun deck or in the comfortable cabin. Then, sit back and soak up the views as your boat pulls away from shore and glides along the legendary Rhine.
Take snaps of top Cologne attractions such as the magnificent, twin-spires of Cologne Cathedral and the Hohenzollern Bridge, whose railings are crowded with locked padlocks left by couples as an everlasting symbol of their love.
Keep your camera poised as you waft by the medieval Old Town, and watch for Cologne Chocolate Museum — an impressive contemporary building that dominates the newly renovated Rheinauhafen harbor area. As you cruise, listen to fascinating facts about Cologne’s 2,000-year history from the informative audio commentary, and perhaps visit the onboard bar to buy a drink (own expense), such as a glass of the much-loved local beer of Koelsch.
After around an hour on the water, return to the starting pier, where your tour ends when you step back on land.
If you wish, choose to take a 2-hour evening trip rather than a 1-hour daytime cruise, and enjoy magical views of Cologne’s illuminated sights glittering against the night sky.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- OPERATED BY Koln-Dusseldorfer
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Cologne Rhine River 1-Hour Sightseeing Cruise.