2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Experience a colorful side of Chicago history with this Gangsters and Ghosts Tour. With a historian as your guide, you’ll step back to the roaring 20’s, when the Chicago Loop was a hub for bootleggers, speakeasies, and gangsters like the infamous Al Capone. Visit onetime gangster hangouts and haunted sites like the Palmer House, Congress Hotel, and Death Alley.
- Experience the dark past of one of Chicago’s most frequented areas, the Loop
- Historian guide with expert knowledge of city history
- Learn the true tales behind Chicago’s gangster past
- Listen to ghost stories and visit spooky haunted sites
Saved to wishlist!
Walking tour of Chicago’s gangsters and ghost stories
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Chicago Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Gangsters and Ghosts Tour in Chicago?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Gangsters and Ghosts Tour in Chicago?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Gangsters and Ghosts Tour in Chicago?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Gangsters and Ghosts Tour in Chicago
3 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Night ToursUnique ExperiencesCity ToursGhost & Vampire ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesChicagoNight Tours - IllinoisUnique Experiences - IllinoisCity Tours - IllinoisGhost & Vampire Tours - IllinoisWalking Tours - IllinoisHistorical Tours - IllinoisNight Tours - NashvilleUnique Experiences - NashvilleCity Tours - NashvilleGhost & Vampire Tours - NashvilleWalking Tours - NashvilleHistorical Tours - NashvilleNight Tours - DuluthUnique Experiences - DuluthCity Tours - DuluthGhost & Vampire Tours - DuluthWalking Tours - DuluthHistorical Tours - DuluthCategory
Chicago Loop Chicago Botanic GardenChicago Board of Trade BuildingMarquette BuildingChicago TheatreLincoln Park ConservatoryFrederick C. Robie HouseAmerican Writers MuseumPalmer House HiltonNavy PierChicago TempleChicago History MuseumTommy Gun's GarageChicago Children's MuseumChicago Cultural Center360 Chicago Observation Deck (Formerly John Hancock Observatory)Second City University of ChicagoChicago PedwayHouse of Blues