- Savor a delicious 2-course Hungarian dinner seated inside a cellar or outside in summer
- See the area’s old wine cellars, grape presses and villages from its hillsides
- Enjoy an insider's view on the region, its people and winemaking traditions
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people for a more intimate experience
Departure & Return
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel is 1 in the middle of Budapest, right on the crossing of M1, M2, and M3 Metro lines.
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Amid a hilly backdrop colored by vines, you’ll learn about the region’s notable white varieties, commonly grown from sauvignon blanc and pinot gris grapes. You’ll also have the chance to try Etyek’s famous Törley, a sparkling wine specific to the region. Afterward you’ll travel to Old Wine Hill to hear more about the local soils and acidities as you take in the view of the grape presses, vineyards and villages below. Along with beautiful landscape, Old Wine Hill comprises almost 1,000 wine cellars along its slopes, most no longer in use.
The morning tour option includes two cellar visits and the longer afternoon tour incorporates three. You will be offered four wines from each family-run winery you visit, along with Hungarian snacks. This intimate experience gives you an insider’s peek into the secrets behind each wine as you discuss with your host, typically both the owner and the winemaker, the process behind each glass that you sip. You’ll leave not only with a delicious sampling of the area’s finest but also a closer understanding of the traditions and culture of Etyek’s wine country.
Your final stop will include a traditional 2-course meal at a wine estate. You are welcome to enjoy some additional wines at your own expense while you sample authentic Hungarian dishes. For a sample menu, please see the Itinerary below. Your guides will drive you back to your hotel in Budapest after your meal.
• Roasted duck leg served with green vegetablesDessert:
• Chocolate mousse
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide in English, German and French
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- As part of our Corona Virus Safety policy, guests required to wear health masks while in the bus
- Guests with upper respiratory symptoms are not allowed to board the bus
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY City and Wine Kft.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands