Explore our promoted experiences
- Raft and snorkel adventure on Kealakekua Bay
- Visit Kealakekua Bay and the Captain Cook monument
- Fantastic coastal views
- Close encounters with tropical marine life
- Look out for spinner dolphins, green sea turtles, manta rays and humpback whales
- Explore the geology of Hawaii through lava tubes and sea caves
Departure & Return
Captain Zodiac is located in the Honokohau Marina and small boat harbor located approximately 5 miles south of the Kona Airport (3rd traffic light) and approximately 2 miles north of the town of Kailua-Kona ( 2nd traffic light). The harbor entrance (Kealakehe Street) can be found by looking for a sign on the highway marked "HONOKOHAU MARINA" between mile markers 97 and 98. After turning onto Kealakehe Street make your first right and look for a mall with a blue tile roof. Our office is the first in the mall on the right.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As you cruise south along the beautiful Kona coastline, learn about the island’s fascinating history as your guide shares local facts and legends. See the Captain Cook monument, where the first European made contact with Hawaii, and keep an eye out for local marine life including spinner dolphins and humpback whales (during winter). Explore the Big Island’s volcanic history as your raft darts in and out of sea caves and past rocky lava tubes.
Slip on a provided snorkeling mask and fins and plunge into the warm, clear water to swim among schools of electric-colored fish and intricate coral gardens. After approximately 1.5 hours of snorkeling, climb back aboard the raft and refuel with a fresh Hawaiian snack and beverages (or picnic-style lunch on the 10 am departure).
Continue along the spectacular coastline back to the marina, where your 4- to 5-hour adventure concludes.
Please note: Due to the bumpy nature of the raft ride, this tour is not recommended for those with back or neck problems, or pregnant women.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 112 travelers
- OPERATED BY Captain Zodiac
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff