Don’t worry—here are some similar options
5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is the star attraction of Hawaii’s Big Island, home to the active volcanoes of Kīlauea and Mauna Loa. On this tour, enjoy dramatic views as you hike part of the Crater Rim Drive, a spectacular route that loops around the Kilauea caldera. Stop along the way to visit the Akatsuka Orchid Gardens and sample tasty local treats (own expense) at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Farm.
- Hike part of the Crater Rim: closed to cars due to volcanic activity
- Spectacular views of a one of Hawaii’s most active volcanoes
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off at your Hilo hotel
- Small-group experience with a maximum of 12 people
Saved to wishlist!
All Fees and Taxes
Departure & Return
98 Apapane Rd, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arnott's Lodge
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Volcanoes National Park Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Volcanoes National Park Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Volcanoes National Park Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Compare Similar Experiences
Volcanoes National Park Tour
11 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBig Island of HawaiiBus Tours - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiHistorical Tours - HawaiiHalf-day Tours - HawaiiBus Tours - MauiNature and Wildlife - MauiHistorical Tours - MauiHalf-day Tours - MauiBus Tours - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuHistorical Tours - OahuHalf-day Tours - OahuCategory
Coconut Island (Mokuola)Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical ParkPuako Bay Honokohau HarborWaikoloa VillageIsaac Hale Beach ParkKona Cloud Forest SanctuaryMauna Loa Macadamia Nut FactoryHawiSaddle Road (Hawaii Route 200)Hualalai VolcanoAkatsuka Orchid GardensPunaluʻu Black Sand BeachMountain Thunder Coffee PlantationKeauhou BayHulihee PalaceHilo Cruise PortKaʻu Coffee MillKohalaKula Kai Caverns