6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Learn about WWII and the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial during this tour from Berlin. Travel by train and take a tour of the site, once one of the most pivotal concentration camps in Nazi Germany. Discover the camp’s history, see the barracks, infirmary, laboratory and cells, and listen to tales of courage and suffering sensitively told by your guide. Learn about the daily routines and fates of the 200,000 people imprisoned here between 1936 and 1945, and visit the intensely poignant site memorials.
- Take a walking tour of Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
- Learn about the camp’s history and hear tales of the courage and endurance of prisoners
- Visit the memorials to those who suffered and died here
- Listen to illuminating and sensitive commentary from an expert guide
Saved to wishlist!
City map, including information regarding public transport and the best of Berlin's museums and nightlife
Food and drinks, unless specified
Berlin Transport ABC Zone ticket (approx 3.30 Euros each way) that is available from your guide on the day
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the social distancing policy during Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Walking Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
City ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingBerlinCity Tours - PotsdamWalking Tours - PotsdamHistorical Tours - PotsdamHalf-day Tours - PotsdamCity Tours - RostockWalking Tours - RostockHistorical Tours - RostockHalf-day Tours - RostockCity Tours - PoznanWalking Tours - PoznanHistorical Tours - PoznanHalf-day Tours - PoznanCategory
Berlin City Hall (Rotes Rathaus)Berlin DungeonBerggruen MuseumCheckpoint CharlieMauerparkTierpark BerlinBröhan MuseumGendarmenmarktBerlin Gallery (Berlinische Galerie)Domäne DahlemAnti-War Museum (Anti-Kriegs-Museum)Old Jewish Cemetery (Alter Jüdischer Friedhof)Potsdam's GardensPalace of Tears (Tränenpalast)Missing HouseFriedrichstrasseBerlin TV Tower Restaurant Legoland Discovery Centre BerlinChamäleon TheaterOtto Weidt Museum (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt)