- Private walking tour of Berlin’s Iron Curtain history and sites
- Gain insight into the rise and fall of the Soviet Union, from WWII through to the Cold War
- Learn about both sides of the Berlin Wall, which once divided Germany’s capital
- See where the Berlin Wall protests took place, and hear about the audacious efforts that led to its collapse
- Visit Alexanderplatz, the Berlin Wall Memorial, and other important historical landmarks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at all Berlin Hotels or meet us at our Meeting Point at Hackescher Markt
What To Expect
After World War II, Berlin turned from its role as the capital city of Nazi Germany into the pivotal city in a struggle to control war-torn Europe. Berlin became the centerpiece of the Cold War, where the two superpowers collided.
Discover this divided city and retrace the trail of the “death strip” and the Berlin Wall. Walk along Bernauer Strasse, the site of many remarkable escape attempts, and the remains of the wall at the Berlin Wall Memorial and East Side Gallery.
Visit Gethsemane Church, the best-known church in the locality of Prenzlauer Berg, where civil rights activists gathered in the late 1980s to protest; and Bornholmer Strasse, one of the border crossings between East and West Berlin.
Learn about the history of Berlin, from its founding to a divided city of the Cold War, and get a fascinating insight into what it meant to live in the GDR, the Eastern Bloc’s most heavily policed state.
The tour ends at Alexanderplatz, a large public square and transport hub in the central Mitte district of Berlin.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please note: a public transport day pass covering zones AB is required during the tour.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms