- Private day trip to Potsdam from Berlin
- Tour this lovely city that was once home to Prussian kings and German emperors and is today a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Admire the Rococo Sanssouci Palace, the castle of Babelsberg and the Marble Palace
- See Cecilienhof Palace where the Potsdam Conference took place after World War II to decide Germany's future
- Visit the Glienicke Bridge, where spy exchanges took place during the Cold War
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in taxi are included
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick you up at all Berlin Hotels or meet us at our Meeting Point at Hackescher Markt
What To Expect
Once in Potsdam, see the majestic castle of Babelsberg, the fabulous Marble Palace and visit the Cecilenhof Palace, where Churchill, Truman and Stalin wrote world history when discussing how to partition Germany.
Then travel through the historical city center, the Russian colony Alexandrowka and the Dutch Quarter and into downtown Potsdam for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense). While downtown, visit the Evangelical St. Nicholas' Church; the historic town hall and the Landtag of Brandenburg, or Brandenburg State Parliament.
Finally, admire the majestic royal residences that were built during the reign of Frederick the Great. There’s Sansoucci Palace, one of the largest UNESCO World Heritage sites in Germany; New Palace, the largest and most impressive palace ensemble in Sanssouci; the small, neo-classical Charlottenhof Palace, also in Sanssouci Park; and Orangery Palace, built in the style of the High Renaissance and commissioned by King Frederick William IV.
The tour concludes with a return trip to Berlin.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please be aware that your guide cannot guide within the palaces
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Original Berlin Walks
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms