- Horseback riding tour from Arrowmont Stables and Cabins
- Get to know the horses and select the perfect match to ride
- Travel the Flame Azalea Trail, with elevations up to 4,200 feet
- Take in the elevated view of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Guided safety training included
- Fun for the entire family
Departure & Return
For the Meeting Point, go to Cullowhee North Carolina. At the 4th stop light on hwy 107 turn right on to Cullowhee Mountain Road and go 9 miles to the top of Cullowhee Mountain. Turn left onto our driveway, Arrowmont Trail. Go 1/4 mile on our driveway and meet us at the Stables.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Embark on the beautiful Flame Azalea Trail, riding through hardwood and white pine forests, plus open meadows with elevated views of the all-American Blue Ridge Parkway from 4,200 feet.
On a clear day, see up to 30 miles away. Look for a variety of wildlife in their natural environment, including local eagles. On the descent, travel through the Old Fort Lodge, an old youth camp that is still used for activities and special events.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Plan an extra 50-60 minutes, in addition to your trail time, for your safety and training program.
- Your Safety Program consists of a video or live demonstration covering the horse's training, safety and horse personality.
- You are given a chance to try your horse in the ring before departing. If needed, your horse can be changed before your trail.
- Ages need to be given at time of Booking so we may assign proper horses
- Closed-toe shoes are required
- Long pants recommended
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If it looks like rain, bring an extra T-shirt and towel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arrowmont Stables & Cabins
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons