5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience an iconic landscape of fishing villages, windmills, and craftsmen’s shops on a small-group tour from Amsterdam into the Dutch countryside. Visit a series of traditional, restored windmills in Zaanse Schans, and walk the dikes and harbor of Volendam, a pretty port lined with bright houses and sailboats. Sample locally-make cheeses and Dutch schnapps, with time to choose a restaurant for lunch, then enjoy sweeping views of the landscape during the return trip to Amsterdam.
- Small-group tour of the Dutch countryside
- See picture-perfect landscapes and villages
- Learn about traditional life and culture
- Great overview and orientation for first-time visitors
Saved to wishlist!
Groupsize max 8 persons
Dutch fruit wine
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Buiksloterweg 3-5, 1031 CC Amsterdam, Netherlands
in front of the cafe next to the terras.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age 7 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Experiencewaterland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam ?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam ?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam ?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "It was so worth paying more to take a "small group" tour rather than be on the cheaper group large bus tours." See review
- "A small group is a perfect size for this type of tour." See review
- "The Windmills are fascinating and even though we had a very foggy day, so worth seeing if you have the time." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam
5 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesAmsterdamUnique Experiences - RotterdamBus Tours - RotterdamHistorical Tours - RotterdamHalf-day Tours - RotterdamUnique Experiences - DordrechtBus Tours - DordrechtHistorical Tours - DordrechtHalf-day Tours - DordrechtUnique Experiences - LeeuwardenBus Tours - LeeuwardenHistorical Tours - LeeuwardenHalf-day Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
Royal ConcertgebouwPrinsengrachtNew Market Square (Nieuwmarkt)Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug)Madame Tussauds AmsterdamHouse of Bols Enclosing Dike (Afsluitdijk)EdamNational Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)Amsterdam MuseumDe Gooyer WindmillBrouwersgrachtMuseum of Bags and PursesStedelijk MuseumMuseum Willet-HolthuysenMuseum of Medieval Torture InstrumentsTorture MuseumBloemenmarktRembrandt Square (Rembrandtplein)Rembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis)