2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get a true insider's view of Amsterdam on this 2.5-hour private walking tour. Stroll around the city with the knowledgeable local guide and head to some lesser-known hidden gems in the city. Along the way, stop and learn about some of the major sites, too. Visit such spots as Dam Square, artists squats, leaning houses, Prinsengracht, Begijnof, the thinnest house, the oldest canals, the Sea Dike and China Town, The New Market Square (Nieuwmarkt) and the medieval city gate
- See some major and lesser-known sites in Amsterdam on this 2.5-hour private walking tour
- Visit Dam Square, artists squats, leaning houses, Prinsengracht, Begijnof, the thinnest house, and the oldest canals.
- Learn about the history of the city from the local guide
- Private tour ensures a lot of personalized attention
Saved to wishlist!
Guided Walking Tour
Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
Tour Price Does NOT Include Hotel Pickup or Drop-Off (We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour Does NOT Include Gratuities (OPTIONAL)
Departure & Return
Prins Hendrikkade 73, 1012 AD Amsterdam, Netherlands
By the entrance to the - Located across from Central Station
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Notes: The tour route may be affected by national celebrations. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an alternative route still being able to see all the highlights on the tour. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. No large bags or suitcases are allowed during this tour. We recommend comfortable shoes, a bottle of water, umbrella in case of rain and hat during summer. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some can’t be visited from the inside.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Babylon Tours Amsterdam
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Amsterdam City Center & History Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Amsterdam City Center & History Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Amsterdam City Center & History Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Amsterdam City Center & History Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Amsterdam City Center & History Guided Walking Tour - Private Tour
2 hours 30 minutes
2 hours 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
1 hour 30 minutes
6 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamWalking Tours - RotterdamHistorical Tours - RotterdamWalking Tours - DordrechtHistorical Tours - DordrechtWalking Tours - LeeuwardenHistorical Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
Venustempel Sex Museum KalverstraatMarkenHash Marihuana & Hemp MuseumHermitage AmsterdamNational Holocaust MuseumSingel CanalHouse of Bols VolendamMadame Tussauds AmsterdamAmstel RiverEYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)JordaanThis is HollandDelftThe Nine Streets (De Negen Straatjes)Museum Van LoonNational Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)National Monument (Nationaal Monument op de Dam)FOAM Photography Museum Amsterdam (Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam)